The History and Archeology Museum from Piatra Neamt
The History Museum from Piatra Neamt was first opened for the public in 1934 by the priest Constantin Matasa (1878 – 1971) and was the first museum exclusively created for archeology from Moldova region. Constantin Matasa, together with his coworkers Radu şi Ecaterina Vulpe, Vladimir and Hortensia Dumitrescu, Silvia Marinescu-Bilcu, Alexandru Vulpe and others, managed to create in Piatra Neamt the biggest collection of neo – Neolithic art from the south – east of Europe, with a great contribution to a better understanding of the Cucuteni Culture and all the other historic eras.
The History Museum from Roman
The History Museum from Roman was first opened on September 1st 1957 and can be visited in the Negruzzi Palace, a building that was declared architectural monument and that is representative for the Baroque architectural style from the mid of the XIX century. The building is beautifully decorated with ornaments on its ceilings and was designed by Ludwing Branner in 1884. The permanent exhibition of the history museum is organized in 15 rooms on over 700 square meters and contains an impressive number of highly valuable objects from the era of the carved stone to the First World War.
The History and Ethnography Museum from Targu Neamt
The museum, as an institution, was first opened in 1957 with the occasion of celebrating 500 years from the moment when Stefan cel Mare became a ruler. The building of the museum is an architectural monument and was built between 1852 and 1853. The initial destination of the building was as a Royal School where they learned, among others, Ion Creanga and Vasile Conta. The permanent exhibition of the museum contains objects that were discovered in the archeological diggings between 1939 and 1963.
The History and Ethnography Museum from Bicaz
The history and ethnography museum from Bicaz was opened in 1958 as a result of the researches made by the Romanian Academy in the area of the lake from “Dimitrie Leonida” power plant. From 1966 the museum can be visited in the old theater building “Ion Kalinderu”. The building was constructed in the beginning of the XX century and is a historical monument. The permanent exhibition of the museum is structured in three rooms that illustrate the entire history of Bistrita Valley and also exhibits the 102 paintings donated by the painter Iulia Halaucescu to the town of Bicaz.
The Neolithic Art Museum Cucuteni
The Neolithic art museum Cucuteni was opened in the summer of 2005 and is the first museum from Romania that exhibits the Cucuteni culture. The permanent exhibition contains over 300 objects from the culture Cucuteni. These objects are listed as part of the national heritage. Cucuteni Culture is the last great painted ceramics culture of Europe that can be compared to the great Neolithic art manifestations from Asia.
The Art Museum from Piatra Neamt
In 1960 the first art collection was founded in the same building as the History and Archeology Museum from Piatra Neamt. In 1980 this collection becomes the Art Museum from Piatra Neamt and activates as a separate institution. The building in which the museum can be visited was built in 1930 by Carol Zani and Vicenzo Puschiasis. The art museum from Piatra Neamt presents a panoramic view over the evolution of the visual arts (painting, graphics, sculpture, fabrics) created by Romanian artists at the end of the XIX century and also in the XX century.
The Art Museum from Roman
The Art Museum from Roman was opened in 1957 and from 1970 was moved in the building where can be visited today. The building is an architectural monument that was built at the of the XIX century. The permanent exhibition is organized into 6 rooms on a 243 square meters surface. The 642 pieces of the collection represent works of painting, graphics, sculptures and decorative art. The collection of the art museum shades a light on the quality and value of the Romanian art by exhibiting works created by artists connected in a way or another with Roman area.
The Ethnography Museum from Piatra Neamt
The Ethnography Museum from Piatra Neamt was opened in 1980 and exhibits an impressive collection of ethnographic and folkloric art objects from Neamt County that talk about customs, traditions, daily habits and the clothing of the people that used to live in this area as well as architectural wood elements. Today, the main collection of the museum exhibits elements of a traditional house from Bistrita Valley, the folkloric clothes specific to the area and the main crafts (weaving and wood working) from this region.
The Natural Science Museum from Piatra Neamt
The museum was organized in 1960 but was first opened on November 15 1969 becoming in a short period of time a reference museum in Romania. The permanent exhibition presents Neamt County from geological, floristic and ecological points. The museum has over 40000 pieces of fauna and over 10000 items of flora. The museum also contains an important collection of fossilized fishes.
The Natural Science Museum from Roman
The museum was created in 1962 in a building that is an architectural monument that dates from the XIX century. In over 40 years of existence, the museum gathered an impressive collection of flora and fauna from Siret valley and over 40000 insects.
The Memorial Museum Ion Creanga
The memorial house Ion Creanga was built in 1830 by Petre Ciubotariu, the grandfather of the writer. From 1951 the house was donated with the purpose of becoming a memorial museum. The house is a typical traditional building from its period with thick wooden beams and clay porch. Behind the house of Ion Creanga there are exposed a series of traditional objects with a great ethnographical value.
The Memorial Museum Calistrat Hogas
The memorial museum was organized in 1969 in the house where Calistrat Hogas lived (1847 – 1917). With a special architectural style, the house was built in 1885 and it’s listed as an architectural monument. The permanent exhibition contains family documents, manuscripts, original furniture and personal objects that belonged to the writer.
The Memorial House Veronica Micle from Targu Neamt
The memorial house Veronica Micle was built in 1834 by the monks from Neamt Monastery and bought by the mother of the writer in 1850. The permanent exhibition is dedicated to the life of Veronica Micle, the muse of our national poet Mihai Eminescu. The museum contains objects that belonged to the writer. Inside the museum there is also the desk where Veronica Micle wrote the majority of her poems.
The Memorial House Alexandru Vlahuta from Agapia
The memorial house where the writer Alexandru Vlahuta was born can be visited in the old religious village Agapia. In 1958, the house was organized as a memorial museum where they’ve tried to recreate the atmosphere from that time. The exhibition contains the original furniture, personal books, letters, personal objects and manuscripts that belonged to the writer.
"Gh Ruset Roznovanu" Museum from Roznov
The Museum Gheorghe Ruset Roznovanu, was opened in 2022 at the semi-basement of “St Nicolas” Church from Roznov. The museum hosts some of the most beautiful objects that were kept inside the church until the museum was opened. The museum also exhibits 100 years old clothing, photos and a copy of the testament of colonel Roznovanu and two big religious icons.
“Iulia Halaucescu” Art Museum from Tarcau
The art museum Iulia Halaucescu was opened in November 2003 in Tarcau commune, in the building where there was the old school. The permanent exhibition is hosted on a surface of 100 square meters that presents the charm of Tarcau region from the old days. The six rooms of the museum host over 120 paintings and personal objects that belonged to Iulia Halaucescu.
The Royal Court and Church from Piatra Neamt
Located on a small plateau in the center of Piatra Neamt, the Royal Court and the Church were built by ruler Stefan cel Mare between 1468 and 1475. This is part of an architectural complex that also contains the Bell Tower (1499) and “St Joan” Church (1498). From the old Royal Court, these days there is only a part of the royal cellars and some of the inner walls.
Neamt Stronghold is a medieval construction from Moldova region located near Targu Neamt, at about 46 km from Piatra Neamt. Neamt Stronghold was one of the best fortified strongholds from the area. After a two years period of restoration this touristic attraction was rebuilt and now visitors can admire the interior of the stronghold, the old small chapel, the kitchen, the bedrooms, the prison and others.
The Prince’s Palace
The Prince’s Palace is a veritable architectural complex and was also the place where many historic moments took place. The beginnings of this place dates from the XIII century when on the same spot was an old hermitage that was administrated by Neamt Monastery. The golden era of the palace was between 1840 and 1852 when was visited by Wilhelm von Kotzebue and Alexandre Dumas.
The monument of the mountain rangers from Targu Neamt
The monument is located in Targu Neamt on a large terrace artificially created on Plesu’s Ridge. The monument was designed by the architect Theodor Burca and was inaugurated in 1939 by King Carol the second. The monument was built in memory of the fallen men from the First World War. The monument was restored in 1990 and every year it’s celebrated on November 3.
The Memorial House of “Visarion Puiu”/The Memorial Museum “Mihail Sadoveanu”
The Memorial House of “Visarion Puiu”/The Memorial Museum “Mihail Sadoveanu” was first opened in 1966 and it’s located in the house where the writer Mihail Sadoveanu spent his last years of life. The house was built by Visarion Puiu that was Mitropolit of Bucovina region. The exhibition keeps the mood of the era and contains objects that belonged to Mihail Sadoveanu.
The Museum from Neamt Monastery
This museum has a collection of religious objects of great importance for the culture and the religious art. The exhibition contains objects made from precious metals, embroideries, fabrics and wood sculptures.
The Museum from Varatec Monastery
The Museum from Varatec Monastery exhibits some of the oldest religious icons painted in tempera on wood from the XV century that depicts St Nicolas and the Archangels Mihail and Gavril, that were brought from Rasca – Falticeni Monastery. The exhibition also contains religious clothing and carpets manually created by the nuns.
The Museum from Ceahlau Village
The museum from Ceahlau Village displays ethnographic objects that present life aspects from Ceahlau area and some of the main habits and customs, old tools and clothing pieces, fabrics and interior decorations from the traditional houses of the people that used to live in these parts. The second section of the museum displays animals from the area like the bear, the mountain rooster, the fox, the trout or the stag.
The Museum Collection from the Archbishop of Roman
The Museum Collection from the Archbishop of Roman exhibits old books, over 20 old clothing pieces, near 100 religious icons and paintings, a dozen pieces of furniture and tomb stones.